Thursday, June 6, 2024

The Crow 1994 re-release by Fangoria

 

I can not begin to explain just how happy I am that I was able to see The Crow in theaters!!! I was 12 when it originally came out and I had seen all the news casts on Brandon Lees death and all the shows about the special effects used to finish the film. But again, I was 12 and my parents didn't take me.

Even though I watched the VHS the moment we got it and in my opinion had seen far worse violence wise (Highlander) and more emotionally worse (every goddamned Don Bluth kids movie).

I digress.

There were only two of us dressed up and not casual. Very happy I dressed up. The other person,  name started with a Z, was a delight to talk with! I was so thrilled when they just wandered over and said hi. :3

Surprisingly the theater was half booked but mostly empty. That was a bit strange.

The only problem I had with it was it wasn't wide screen. It was the cropped for TV version and that did hurt the quality a bit. The part that tipped me off was right in the beginning were the cop reaches down and you can see him reach out of the line of sight and interact with something. That's just something that isn't generally done. I'll have to pull out my widescreen copy to check though.

You could really see the pixelation in a few scenes. It also made the older green screen effects just a bit more obvious. It was only a handful of times each. 

But it was so, so worth it.

I'm still giddy over being able to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment